This ‘Cool Dude Pencil Case’ is another fun project from our guest blogger Carina’s Crafts!
Finished size: 25 cm x 15 cm [10 in x 6 in]
Houses fabric – 30 cm x 20 cm [12in x 8 in]
Face fabric – 30 cm x 20 cm [12in x 8 in]
Zipper – 25 cm [10 in]
– Cut the house fabric 28 cm x 18 cm [~11in x 7 in]
– Cut the face fabric 28 cm x 18 cm [~11in x 7 in]
– Sew a 1cm seam allowance on 2 short ends of the houses fabric, set aside.
and sew together
– Align the other short edge of the face fabric with the opposite side of the zipper. Again right sides together and sew together
– Mark the sides of the pencil case with dressmakers pencil, using the end of the zipper as a guide [approximately 25 cm (10 in)]
– Sew sides using markings as a guide
– Trim excess fabric leaving 1cm [⅜ in] seam. Measure and mark 1.5cm [⅝ in] from each corner and fold to create box corner and pin in place. Sew box corners and trim excess fabric.
– Repeat process with inner lining house fabric. Mark sides [½ cm (¼ in] less than the face fabric (so that the inner lining will fit comfortably, approximately 24.5 cm [9 ⅝ in]) and sew together. Trim excess fabric leaving a 1 cm [⅜ in] seam. Measure and mark 1.5cm [⅝ in] from each corner and fold to create box corner and pin in place. Sew box corners and trim excess fabric
– Press both the outer and inner pieces. Place the inner lining in the pencil case – wrong sides together
– Pin the houses fabric near the opening [cover seam on zipper]
– Hand stitch the lining in place.
– Fill with brightly coloured pencils and enjoy