My office is full of half balls of yarn that I don’t have the heart to throw away. I am that crafter that keeps everything just in case I find a project to use them! I have been seeing some beautiful yarn hangings on my social media feeds and got inspired to create my own.
I have used my favourite colours from my stash but you can combine any colours or textures together.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Approximate Time of project: 60 minutes
1. Cut strips of yarn approximately 60cm in length (or longer if you want the hanging to be longer.)
2. Hold four strands together and fold in half. Wrap around the wooden dowel.
3. Repeat this process seven more times to create 8 wraps around the dowel. Repeat yarn wrapping with the different yarns until the nearly whole dowel is covered with yarn.
4. Cut 4 strands of twine and wrap around each end of the dowel.
5. Trim the hanging if you want a neater finish.
What we love about this project is you can make it as big as you want and fully customise the colours! We would love to see your creations, share them with us over on social media.